Our History
- Planted in Burundi on May 17,1928, in Musema, Butaganzwa commune, Kayanza province, north of the country, by the Baptist Union of Denmark(BUD)

- Registered under the Danish Baptist Mission by the King's decree of 6th June, 1933.

- Then spread all over the country and even outside the country especially the neighboring Rwanda. Rwanda and Burundi were both colonized by Belgium, the two territories being known as Rwanda-Urundi.

- The Danish Baptist Mission became Union of Baptist Churches of Rwanda-Urundi until the independence of the 2 countries on 1st July, 1962.

- Since the ministerial decree of 31st January, 1966, the Baptist church in Burundi operates legally under the French name UNION DES EGLISES BAPTISTES DU BURUNDI-UEBB which translates THE UNION OF BAPTIST CHURCHES IN BURUNDI.

- Today, there are 227 churches making the Union, among them 97 are mother churches while 130 are daughter churches. They all make a total of 52,000 members.
Photo Gallery
Photo Gallery
Photo Gallery
UEBB GALLERY 2...
Photo Gallery
UEBB GALLERY 1....
Photo Gallery
UEBB GALLERY 2...
Photo Gallery
UEBB GALLERY 1....
Photo Gallery
UEBB GALLERY 2...
Photo Gallery
UEBB GALLERY 1....